Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: YuzuPyon's Ivy Valentine!


YuzuPyon is certainly an individual that I've seen constantly on my feeds throughout my time involved in the cosplay world. In looking through her work I was trying to find something that stood out to me and I found it in Ivy. Specifically, Ivy Valentine who's somewhat of an icon for the Soul Calibur fighting games. Mostly around her crazy designs and very dominatrix-like vibes. This iteration of Ivy that Yuzu has done comes from her SCIV appearance. Starting at the top, we got a small white wig that's styled in a short fashion. From there immediately you get a crazy outfit with purple straps traveling down her figure with several spaces open along the torso area. The chest piece has some purple covering with peeks of a fancy black bra top. Gold trim can be laced around certain areas here. Directly below the bra is a gold strap that wraps around Yuzu's chest.


Both of her arms have different stuff going on. One is covered in a purple sleeve with a white glove on the end. The other however is gold armor which looks to be layered on top of that same purple sleeve. The shoulder piece is connected and is decorated with a giant white skull. Various symbols can be seen underneath the skull too! I imagine Yuzu sculpted this skull and it certainly fits nicely in the space for it. After the shoulder piece, the arm has several armor pieces throughout. If I were to guess, Worbla had a part in its construction.

The gold strap across her chest I mentioned earlier is repeated for both of her legs. The multitude of purple straps continue downward and look to be connected to her legs. Here, there's a section separated by gold trim which reveal that fancy black design. Then it's just full purple until you get to her boots!


The boots look to be black with some gold armor plating up at the front. Another huge part of Ivy's design is her iconic whip. The handle is done in gold with the hilt being red with a green center. The whip itself is of great length and has some grey parts attached to it as you get to the very end. These parts look to have been done with foam! The posing Yuzu does looks to heavily rely on showcasing the whip and wrapping it around her body, including shots of her backside. That one shot of the latter is super impressive as I'm curious how she was able to get the whip's end to lay there :3. Many of the poses also includes a head tilt which feel like Yuzu is trying to intimidate the opponent (it works!).


All Shots by Neroburn!

YuzuPyon is an amazing cosplayer and this outfit alone should pique your interest into learning more about her! You can do so at the link below <3.
https://yuzupyon.net/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?