Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Mhysa Cosplay + Spectra as Mera and Aquaman!


Mhysa Cosplay was someone I briefly saw in passing last year at NYCC and I definitely wanted to share one of her cosplays after poking around her social media sites! Of course I instantly gravitated to her Mera which she was done as a duo shoot! Accompanying her was the always so badass Spectra as Aquaman himself which I definitely shared at one point a few years back! The background of these shots is also quite something. Getting to the cosplays itself though, Mhysa is wearing Mera's iconic green one piece which is all bedazzled in scales of a darker shade than the base suit. Down her legs you can see bracers done in gold which look similar to the arm gauntlets that Spectra has for Aquaman!

In addition, Mhysa has a beautiful red wig for the hair and her crown nestled on top. Throughout the cosplay you can see slight trims of gold which look to segment the outfit into different areas! The crown is of a decent size and I love how the points look extending outward! Heading over to Spectra, well most of the cosplay relies with the pants XD. You got a brown belt with his crest in the center. This looks to have been done in the same material as his gauntlets I mentioned earlier. Same color as well! The pants are covered in a scale pattern and done in a more turquoise shade.

Many of the poses show the two of them in romantic phases and others give off a lot of power between them. I'm getting a sense that they have worked with one another before in photoshoots since the end result is just amazing. Super solid chemistry between them! The backdrop works so well with the characters plus the placement of the rocks leads well to the pics I have picked out for you guys!





All Shots by Stolen Soul Photography!

This cosplay set is just phenomenal and I implore you guys to check out Mhysa and Spectra's work down below! You won't be disappointed in the slightest ^_^
https://www.instagram.com/mhysarose/
https://www.instagram.com/spectra_v3/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?