Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Oh My Sophii as Cyberpunk Catwoman!


Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I'm ending 2019 with a BANGER of a cosplay and cosplayer. For as long as I've known her, OhMySophii really has had a passion for creating cosplays and branching out into a multitude of avenues. For me personally, I've always loved the Cyberpunk aesthetic so when Sophii announced she was creating a Cyberpunk themed version of Catwoman, I was giddy with excitement. What you see here is a pretty solid biker suit for the famed thief of Gotham City. There really isn't a whole lot to this cosplay yet it just LOOKS so perfect for her. Starting at the top, Sophii has a black cowl with ears attached to the top. The ears have a pink colored inside portion, and you'll soon see that pink is the main secondary color that goes with this cosplay. Black makes up the whole suit with pink stripes in various portions of the outfit. Various black straps can be seen placed on top of some of these pink sections.


For eye wear, Sophii has this killer band attached to the cowl which looks to have been decorated with tech like imagery. As if she's using it to plan out her next big score! Around the waist, you can see Sophii has her own mini utility belt. Cat symbol being in the center with some pouches to the sides. These are also pink to match the whole vibe. One of the shots gives a look at what I think is Catwoman's signature whip so weapons are covered! With the lower section of the cosplay, you can view some pink bands implemented into the suit as well as combat like boots for footwear.

I got to say it was a joy seeing Sophii post progress pics both on her public social medias plus her Patreon. If I remember correctly, she utilized fabric from Yaya Han's line of cosplay materials. To really sell this whole project though, Sophii went ahead and posed with a freaking motorbike cause she's awesome like that! The vehicle is seen in a variety of the pictures I found and Sophii just works it like the pro she is. Many of the shots were edited to give off a Blade Runner style/look since Cyberpunk is the overall goal of this cosplay.


The cosplay is just beyond perfect in my eyes and Sophii once again demonstrates the kind of cosplayer she really is. Like aside from being friends with her, I just applaud at all the work she's done as she's honed her craft. Cyberpunk Catwoman is an instant favorite in my eyes and hopefully you guys can see that in the many photos I have to share!





All Shots by Sam Pho Images!

I can't sing Sophii's praises enough. Go view her Patreon for more of her work and other Social Media links! You won't regret it <3
https://www.patreon.com/OhMySophii/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?