Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Cinderys' Ysera!

Photo by Sinclair Qautrefrages

Cinderys recently caught my eye due to her INCREDIBLE design of Leah from the Diablo franchise. As such, she then created the character as a cosplay and entered it in BlizzCon's cosplay contest last month. Through this whole process, she ended up winning the competition overall. Trust me when you guys go visit her work and see the cosplay, you'll understand why. However I don't want to talk about Leah for today but rather take a trip into Azeroth's realm and World of Warcraft. Personally, my favorite set of characters has to be the Dragon Aspects that govern key elements/aspects in the world. I've certainly featured a few cosplays around them before here. In fact, I think I've shared each of them one way or another. Cinderys did a design for Ysera and I was instantly hooked by the green which serves as one of the main colors for the cosplay.


Photo by Zento Destiny
Being the Aspect of Nature, there are various elements that Cinderys took into account which reference the Druid class in WoW. Mainly in the horns on the headpiece in addition to the shoulder pieces. Both of these sections are brown in color with the idea being that these are made out of branches. A crescent in silver sits dead center on the headpiece and dragon horns can be seen extending out of the back of Cinderys' head. A beautiful green wig makes up the hair and then once you get past the collar piece, the real stuff comes into play!

The chest piece includes various green scales with an intricate grey pattern spread out through the piece. Dead center in this piece is a gem stone which are pretty much repeated in the whole cosplay. The pauldrons have the same stones in various sizes. After the chest is a corset like section that's done in a rich deep green. Similar material is used for her sleeves. These are full blown gloves which have bracers on alongside several bands on the upper areas. There's also small claws on Cinderys' fingers!

Photo by Sinclair Qautrefrages
Most of the armor replicates the format seen in the chest. Various grey embellishments with resin stones that glow. Past the corset is a pretty sizable belt with a stone in the center. Various green fabrics are connected to the belt and flow down on both the center as well as the sides. Hip armor is also present and the leg armor is absolutely massive. Much like the arms, Cinderys has possibly some leggings covering her skin to act as a comfy base. The silver embellishments have a lot of the bevel effect along with a curved style to them.

All the Dragon Aspects in WoW have a human like form they take when needed, so here Cinderys takes the form of a Night Elf. Which means a whole lot of purple skin and long elven ears! I love the bright green makeup she has underneath her eyes as well! Cinderys is definitely a cosplayer who puts in SO MUCH work through her designs. From the design process to making it reality, she's definitely someone I look forward to sharing more often. You can view the other pics I found below!

Photo by Sinclair Qautrefrages

If you'd like to view more of Cinderys' cosplays, be sure to visit her website for more info and all her links! :D
https://cinderys.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?