Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Azura Cosplay as a Night Elf!

Photo by Adeline Frost

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

Azura Cosplay is no stranger to creating fantastically gorgeous builds so it seemed natural for her to make something for this year's BlizzCon! With a group of friends, she became part of a Classic WoW Night Elf group. For me, this outfit gave me lots of nostalgic feels from both WoW's initial trailer as well as the starting area for Night Elves back when I first got into the MMO. You got that classic female elven design with a beautiful breastplate that has lots of silver swirls added in for the details. Two identical shoulder pieces can be seen and they have purple feathers underneath that stick outwards. The shoulders are very flat but curve upwards towards the end. You can also get a glimpse of the second section that's underneath them!

Traveling down Azura's arms, you then get to see the bracers! Much like the other armor pieces, they have that red/brown color scheme to them along with the silver added on top. The bracers can be seen to have fabric elements to them as well! Fabric is also used for the belt/waist area. You got hip armor of sorts on each side which are then brought together by a tabard in the center. The swirls/patterning was expertly placed and in the end look absolutely gorgeous.

I wasn't able to find a full blown shot showing off Azura's legs but the image on the right can give you some insight! Again, mostly fabric with the silver placed on top like armor, with the edges/trim being a very light color. This is true for all the other instances the trim appears. For a prop, Azura did a PHENOMENAL job on the bow. With the ends mainly being silver swirls and the center having a purple strap wrapped around, it goes with the full cosplay perfectly. I'm curious if the arrow's placement was fixed in or if she had to nock it in every time she was asked for a photo.


Either way, the photos are absolutely breathtaking. Azura also has a blue wig with the added in long eyebrows. You can also see white tear marks under her eyes plus a small circlet acting as headgear! Not to mention of course the iconic elf ears sticking out of the wig! It looks like Azura lightly covered herself in violet body paint which was probably further enhanced in some of the other shots I found. Oh and there's also a glimpse of a quiver of extra arrows hanging off of her waist in one of the pictures! Azura did happen to post a couple of lewd/boudoir previews for a Patreon set she did and oh man are they something else! I really have to hand it to the cosplayers who create extravagant sets in their own homes for some of these Patreon sets! Take a look at the photos and let me know what you think <3.


As a former Patron of Azura Cosplay, I simply can't praise this girl enough for her work. I've said it numerous times but she really does enjoy the cosplay craft and goes above and beyond in creating the characters she cosplays as. You don't want to miss out on following her work, absolutely worth it :D
https://www.patreon.com/azuracosplay
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?