Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Vee Cosplay's Samus!

Photo by David Ngo

Today, I've got a simple and cute cosplay to share! I came across Vee Cosplay's work since she often collaborates with Mink the Satyr in terms of hosting panels together at conventions. The topics they cover range from cosplaying on a budget and even some about photoshoots! Regardless, I had to check out her work to see if something caught my eye. Lo and behold, here's Samus Aran in all her glory! Getting into the specifics, the version seen here looks to be the "Justin Bailey" outfit which was known for being an unlockable skin through entering that specific player's name. Color scheme wise, it's all pink with a bright green wig. The wig itself features curls down towards the bottom portion.


Photo by Punto De Aries
Vee is rocking a long sleeved pink leotard  and matching pink boots. The boots themselves contain a single green strap which certainly make them stand out in certain shots I found! Other than that, one of the main stand out pieces has to be Samus' signature arm cannon. This takes up one of Vee's arms and travels to just about her elbow. The cannon itself is decently sized and is of a lighter shade of green, with some light up function added in. These lights can be seen traveling down the weapon and ending towards the front. More lights can be seen in a circular pattern leading up to the firing point.

Vee does a fabulous job in the posing department, and some of the pics taken were edited beautifully! Both to match the character and overall vibe of the Metroid series! I have to wonder how comfortable it was utilizing the cannon during the con. Other than that, the overall cosplay itself had to have been easy to wear! You can check out the other shots down below :D.




Photo by Martinez E Photography

Photo by Punto De Aries

Vee Cosplay has a wonderful selection of cosplays she's created in the course of being a cosplayer! You can view more of her work/links on her Instagram here! ^_^
https://www.instagram.com/veecosplay115/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?