Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Danielle Beaulieu as a Dragonstalker Orc!

Photo by Saffels Photography

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

You can always count on Danielle Beaulieu to make some incredible cosplay once BlizzCon rolls around. So that's exactly what she did for this year! Part of a little group with designs done by Zach Fischer, Danielle here is dressed up like an Orc from the Warcraft franchise. In terms of gear though is where we get into the nitty gritty of sorts. You see, the armor being worn is known as the Dragonstalker armor which was a special set of armor for the Hunter class. Whenever new seasons/expansions roll over, all the classes get a set of armor used for raiding and the tiers increase as time moves on. Getting a little more technical, this is a Tier 2 set so it dates back all the way to Vanilla WoW. Kinda fitting considering WoW Classic was released earlier this year and many players jumped in to get a very distinct and nostalgic feel that isn't really around in the current format.

Photo by Dave Yang
I was looking for info regarding this group and my initial guess is that overall it makes up of various classes in their Tier 2 Raid sets. With a name like Dragonstalker, then you know that the central theme is somewhat obvious. Dragons galore in both scale representation and heads mounted on pauldrons are distinctly visible. Many of these added lines and patterns are done in a bronze like shade, including the dragon heads. The scales are done in a deep shade of purple with some blue sections I'll get to in a little bit.

Danielle is fully covered in green bodypaint with added teeth poking out of her mouth. The wig is really beautiful and I'm totally in love with the shade. The breastplate has lots of that bronze edging that I mentioned earlier which lay on top of the cups that are fully purple. Brown sleeves can be seen poking out and were most likely added for comfort. In fact, it's a small tank top of sorts that lays underneath the armor. Both of Danielle's arms have bracers which look to have a layered style and horns sticking out as you go up the piece. Fingerless gloves are in a darker shade of brown too!

For the waist, Danielle has a commonly structured belt with a center piece that's done in blue similar to the center of her breastplate. The side portions are purple with even more horns sticking downward. You can also see that layered look with one section seemingly smaller than the bottom. Full blown leg armor follows shortly after. Dragon heads decorate the kneecaps and I LOVE how much the purple here stands out!

The top section angles up to a point with that layered look. As I've come to expect and appreciate over the years I've known Danielle, the end product is just phenomenal. On top of her Patreon and newly started business Toe Beanies, this gal is a content creating MACHINE! For footwear, Danielle has heels with gold sections surrounding fully purple shoes. There's also a variety of red gemstones placed in key areas of the armor set.

All of the pics combined with Danielle's posing does a masterful job at showing off various angles to the whole cosplay. There's even a shot of you being stepped on by her if you're into the whole you know, "Dominate me my queen YAS".

Photo by Charles Lan Photography

Photo by Joe's Garage

Photo by Dave Yang

Photo by Gil Photography

Danielle will always be one of my favorite gals to support and is one of the hardest working cosplayers in the community. Go show her work some love at the link below <3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?