Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Princess Natalie's Thor!

Photo by Jose B Photography

At this year's NYCC, I had the amazing pleasure of running into and meeting Princess Natalie who's dressed up here as Lady Thor! I really took an eye towards the armor details and was completely enamored by the cosplay as a whole! For those out of the loop, there was a time period where the mantle of Thor was given to Jane Foster and what transpired is the outfit you see up above! There are several elements which of course reference the original Thor from the classic color scheme to the armor pieces themselves. So what exactly makes up this cosplay? First off is the iconic helmet done in a silver shade alongside the breastplate. The helmet has large wings on either side of the helm, plus the center point has what looks like a heart design etched in. Flowing out is long blonde hair which looks to be a wig. I don't know for sure if both are separate or if the hair is attached to the helm somehow!

Natalie's cape for Thor is super long and pretty much travels down towards her feet. It's not at a point where the cape is being dragged on the floor so that certainly makes it easy for traversal. Here, the cape is held on by two circles attached to the chest-piece. Speaking of, the chest area has even more patterns added in plus a gold and black symbol added in towards the bottom. After that looks to be a black shirt underneath for comfort on Natalies skin.

Then you have a brown belt with several silver circles in the dead center. For pants, Natalie has tan drapes covering both legs as they definitely hit the floor. A darker brown cloth is seen in the middle. The boots are really interesting as they too are in silver and look like they were modified in certain ways. I can see that there's a small armor section right above the boots themselves! Oh and to quickly add, one arm has a bracer whereas the other is pretty bare!


Photo by Derwin Joza

It truly wouldn't be a Thor cosplay without the iconic Mjolnir and Natalie absolutely made sure to keep that in! The hammer looks to be of a pretty normal size and I imagine it was made with materials light enough for Natalie to carry around constantly. It certainly adds in so much for poses like the shot right above here! Various belt straps can be seen alongside the pants as well! I absolutely enjoyed seeing this cosplay in person and would love to try and get Natalie on my podcast at some point. For the time being, enjoy these other shots I gathered ^_^

Photo by Den of Geek

Photo by Joseph Dockery

Princess Natalie is just an awesome gal and you all should definitely check out more of her cosplays down at her Instagram! Other notable outfits include Pepper Pots, Ariel, Spider Gwen and more!
https://www.instagram.com/princessnatkins/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Kendall
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?