Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Jaycee Cosplay as Victorian Jolteon!

Photo by Fine Art Cosplay Photography

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

Leave it to my favorite waifu Jaycee Cosplay to always cosplay some fantastical designs and this year at Katsucon kept that tradition going! Jaycee along with several other cosplayers, brought the Eeveelutions at full force in these gorgeous Victorian era dresses. Naturally, Jess chose Jolteon since that's her favorite. I truly feel this is one of her most gorgeous cosplays, like Jess is already a stunner but the outfit is just full of little details and sparkles. A collaborative effort with several other costume makers, this Jolteon was brought to life in a stunning display. So what does the cosplay consist of? Sticking out of the back and behind her is a massive array of white fabric that look to have wire usage in them to stay up. A gorgeous blonde wig with many waves makes up the head area with Jolteon's signature ears on top.


Photo by Insomniac's Dream Productions
I'm not that surprised by the corset usage since that's another go to costume form that Jess uses in many of her outfits. Placed just below the bra like area, it's more of a standard yellow shade when compared to the leotard bodysuit that it's on top of. Various white details are along the top and side of the corset which then get into the massive floof that Jess has going on for her sides and back. Before getting to that though, the bodysuit is more of a golden shade with a lot of shine to it. A lot of etching can be seen on the chest and sleeves. The latter part also has some frilliness for the cuffs.

The leotard stops at the usual part with an opening on the frontal leg area. Back to the massive side pieces I mentioned previously, HOLY SMOKES ALL THE LAYERS! The white details adorn each side up near the start and travel to almost her heels she's seen wearing. Said heels look to be normal which I definitely understand. Walking around all day in this must have been a pain at some points! Jess also has a cute jeweled neckpiece up at the top!


The photos I found of this are just so beautiful. I wish I was able to see this in person so I hope somehow another opportunity arises. I just love this lady so much you guys, her work and personality always makes me happy <3.

Photo by Lady Ikari Cosplay

Photo by Insomniac's Dream Productions

Photo by Yenra

I probably won't ever stop singing this girl's praises with how she wears the cosplays she has. Please go follow Jaycee on Instagram guys, you won't be disappointed. I miss her so much ;-; <3
https://www.instagram.com/jaymcee__/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?