Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: SparkleStache's Nova Widowmaker!

Photo by John Haas

Keeping it with Blizzard themed cosplays again so hopefully you guys are ok with that! Here, I've got the lovely SparkleStache in a skin for Widowmaker from Overwatch! Taking cues from another Blizzard IP, Widow is dressed on point as the sniper Nova from Starcraft. A drastic departure from the character's default dark/purple skin and pink bodysuit! Here, lots of tan and white mix in with the dark colored armor pieces. The bodysuit looks to be done with fabric but some of the shading and shots look like it was done in individual armored pieces :O. You've got small hip armor pieces along Krissy's waist which are done in a black and light blue center. These colors pretty much make up the other armor seen on the cosplay.

Photo by David Ng
The shoulder pieces look small and are attached to Nova's breastplate she has going on. The arms have gauntlet like pieces with small black and blue spots attached to a much larger piece. On the chest piece, the collar looks raised and the bodysuit can be seen poking out from this area too! Krissy has a pretty giant blonde ponytail wig going on which has a pretty interesting head piece going on. The ear pieces have wires sticking out and attaching to her back piece. One of the hip armor parts has alot more going on with piping attached to a full leg piece.

Then there's of course the massive weapon in question for a prop. Krissy wields the sniper rifle with ease so foam or PVC must have been used in its construction as was the armor. The gun has lots of details added in to give off that futuristic feel. There's even some blue strips and serial numbers etched in! Most of the poses show off this prop in all of its glory. Whether she's standing proud or pointing right at your unlucky self! I know I wouldn't mess with her in this cosplay :D.


Photo by John Haas

Photo by John Haas

This cosplay certainly got me to follow SparkleStache's work and I included a link to her Patreon which as other links too if you wish to do the same! She's an immensely talented gal :).
https://www.patreon.com/sparklestache
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?