Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Marie Sturges' KH3 Kairi!

Photo by David Ngo

It's been over a month since Kingdom Hearts 3 finally was able to grace us all with its release! Though that certainly isn't stopping the cosplays and hype from coming through. Today, meet Marie Sturges, a lovely individual that I found through Karlibra a few weeks ago and man is her Kairi absolutely adorable! This is her new look she got as part of the recent release and it definitely follows the plaid theme that the other main characters are sporting! Marie's Kairi is a cute pink dress with what looks like a detachable hood on the back. On said hood are little black cat ears because of course Kairi would wear something like that! The dress overall consists of multiple solo buttons on both sides, traveling down to just about the bottom of the dress.

At the waist you have pink hoops for a simple black belt with a large buckle to bring it all together. From here on out, you've got even more buttons and what looks to be pink flaps as part of some pockets on again, the left and right sides. Many of the main shots were taken on the beach so Marie is barefoot which I don't blame her for being. If there are shoes/boots in the first pic then I imagine they're too nice to risk ruining in the sand. The bottom of the skirt is segmented in various fabric types and colors. One side is full on black with pink taking up the middle and then the plaid comes in on the other side.

Plaid like lines also appear at the very edge of Marie's sleeves too! Prop wise, she's wielding the Oathkeeper keyblade which looks to have been one of the many versions you see vendors sell at conventions. As such, it's mostly lightweight and done in foam! Marie's wig is pretty perfect as well with that short bob cut style done in red. The other shots I have for you do a wonderful job with the natural lighting and this is the perfect place to have a photoshoot for Kairi!





All other Shots by Ashleigh Weasley Cosplay!

I know for sure that this cosplay sold me on following Marie's work, and I hope it does the same for you guys! If you'd like to see more, then check out her Patreon for her other links :).
https://www.patreon.com/mariesturges
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?