Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Figure Review Roundup: Bishoujo Power Girl and Nightwing Bust


In an effort to provide more content for you guys, here's another pair of Figures I thought I'd review for you all! Purchased at NYCC this year, I had an idea that I'd be adding more figurines to my ever growing collection. From Kotobukiya, is my first ever statue from the Bishoujo line. These figures basically are designed by a renowned Japanese sculptor and turn some of your favorite pop culture characters into anime version of themselves. Given how much I love Power Girl, she was the one I went with. The box came equipped with the statue and a stand which definitely surprised me given its size. The stand is mostly circular with the character's name done up in I believe the style shown her comic series.

Pose wise, Power Girl is seen with one hang on her thigh and the other raised up as if she was showing off her muscles. The iconic "boob window" is shown as a standout as if she were pronouncing its presence. The blue gloves and boots stand out as brightly colored which works with the statue as a whole. The hair has some movement to it as it looks like she's been hit with a blast of wind. It's certainly made the case given how her cape is shown. The backside also reveals a little bit of booty as the cape is swept to her right side.

As mentioned in the beginning, Power Gir's facial features here are very anime like. I love how she's constructed overall and she's earned a spot RIGHT NEXT TO ME ON MY DESK YAY! Next up is this super gorgeous bust of Nightwing as done in his appearance from Batman: Hush which was drawn by Jim Lee. The price of this guy shocked me a bunch given how wonderfully sculpted it look. Nightwing has his class blue and wields both of his Escrina Sticks.


The only other notable thing I like is how defined the chest and back muscles are. In addition to the arms as well. The bottom of this bust is all in black and showcase's DC's current logo design. Check out the rest of these shots I took!








If you're a fan of either of these characters, I would definitely look at trying to pick them up! Also, the Nightwing bust was found at a booth for Eaglemoss Collectibles!

What's Popular?