Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Akemi101xoxo's Spyro!

Photo by Saffels Photography

Today, I have an amazing lady who I found through fellow cosplayer and photographer Kadu=Out! Being a frequent model of his, Akemi101 is one surefire cutie and her Spyro is SOMETHING ELSE :O. At first glance, you'd think that it's not much but many parts of this cosplay make up for it. Starting with the body piece, it's a single leotard like shape with yellow in the center and her sides full on purple scales. Foam looks to have been the main material this was done out of. Going from her hips, you have side pieces done in purple scales with a yellow trim. This is repeated for all the other purple armor pieces such as Akemi's legs, shoulders and arms. The shoulder pieces look to be layered up a few times. Long purple gloves with claws on her fingertips too! The fabric looks to be satin/fancy.

Photo by Lagoon_Out
You can also see parts of a long purple cape extending down from her back side. The wings look to be suspended by some piece behind her and I honestly don't know what they're made of XD. Some of the photos make them look like they were done in the style of those balloons you'd find at the grocery store and I'm super interested in that construction as well. Akemi has a beautiful purple wig with some pretty big horns and a spike mane centered on her head.

The photos Kadu=Out took have some serious firepower in terms of the editing! This looks like one cosplay Akemi enjoys wearing a bunch. The way the yellow and purple go together make each part of her cosplay stand out in their own way. The scale work has to be one of my favorite parts, I'm a sucker for insanely intricate details :D. Also, across her chest is a brown strap with yellow trim, and in the center of THIS is a single red gem. It looks like this helps the shoulder pieces stay in place! Check out the other shots below!


Photo by Lagoon_Out

Photo by Saffels Photography

Please go check out Akemi101xoxo's work by following the link below! SHE'S JUST ADORABLE!
https://www.facebook.com/akemi101xoxo/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?