Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Gladzy Kei's Wonder Woman!


I'll always attribute Gladzy Kei as a designer/creator of some of the most badass characters and designs. Whether it's taking an already established character or mashing different styles/fandoms together, Gladzy really has tremendous craft and I absolutely love when she posts progress pictures as well. The cosplay I have today in combination with the end result photos had me fangirling like all hell broke loose. 1/3 of the holy DC Comics Trinity, Gladzy portrayed Wonder Woman as one of her latest cosplays. Specifically, she went with the style as seen in the DC films as played by Gal Gadot. I have to say, Gladzy even looks like her in the pictures so it adds a sense of authenticity/realness to everything. This Wonder Woman is pretty much true to the classic design with the breast plate and skirt. Along with the knee high boots. Arm bands can be seen in the upper portion of her arm as well as gauntlets along her wrist.

The coloring matches up with Zack Snyder's muted world. Though in comparison to the Batman and Superman, Diana is of a much more brighter color scheme. The top portion of Gladzy's cosplay looks to be a corset of sorts wrapped in some material to give off that armor like look. I'm willing to say it's Black Worbla. The skirt is of a blue shade with gold trim along the bottom edge. The belt is designed along the lines of the characters logo and matches up with the top part of the chest piece.

Gladzy went all out in creating Wonder Woman's full arsenal. Sword, shield, and the lasso of truth along her hip. The gauntlets/bracers are also weaponized to deflect bullets (no not real bullets) in the comics. Behind the shield you can see an almost wooden like finish to it. Gladzy is also adorned with the signature tiara, plus the black wig is absolutely beautiful here. The leg armor/boots look like they can do some serious damage/blocking if that portion of her body got involved in whatever fight she's in. Gold runs down the middle with its sides painted red along with lines indented everywhere.

The sword is also covered in red blood spatters to really show that sense of wear and tear. The outfit as a whole is weathered in some areas which is just mind blowingly epic. CAN WE ALSO TALK ABOUT HOW THE PHOTOS ARE PERFECT?!?! Gladzy resides in Canada and I'm surprised locations like that exist over there 0-0. Photographer Jessica Roh did an incredible job capturing the mountain like scenery. Seriously these are all movie poster worthy for Wonder Woman's upcoming solo movie. LOOK AT THEM!!




All Photos by Jessica Roh

When pictures of this cosplay started showing up I knew immediately that I wanted to feature it. Gladzy Kei is such an incredible cosplayer and deserves a lot more love and recognition than what I see online. Please check out her page, 100% promise you will not be disappointed <3. I WANT TO MEET HER SO BAD!
https://www.facebook.com/GladzyKei

What's Popular?