Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Linz Stanley's Silver Banshee!


By the time this is uploaded, I'll probably be heading down to NYCC this year in the evening. Plus, all of the DC shows on CW will have kicked off their next season this week and next including newly added Supergirl. Can you guys see where I'm going with this? Today I have the ever so gorgeous Linz Stanley as the Silver Banshee! The cosplay itself looks to be a full covering bodysuit (commissioned by RPC Studio) with a combination of black and white in different parts of the outfit as a whole. For example, the front of Linz shows a white pattern with a black insert in the middle. The white wraps around her backside and more black fabric is shown. Flame patterns are seen on both her leggings and gloves/hands. I'm curious if this is a full suit or were certain parts sewn on/attached!

The stand out parts to Linz's Silver Banshee to me have to be the wig and her facial make up. The wig looks something straight out of a halloween store with its crazy black wefts/inserts in the overall ghostly white wig. Linz's makeup is absolutely phenomenal here too. The varying patterns on both sides show symmetry and I love how faded the black/grey looks in some areas. I'm willing to bet that makeup is a strong suit for Linz. The pictures themselves are interesting since it's an extreme contrast between setting in character.

The shots themselves show off many parts of Linz's figure (which is stellar if I may add) and look to have been taken on a bright sunny day. Which is odd considering how dark Silver Banshee is in terms of looks. I hope Linz felt comfortable while shooting in whatever heat it was that day! There's also the tattered Superman (or Supergirl) cape which is a spot on re-creation of the look seen when Superman got killed by Doomsday. Linz did such a fabulous job on the cosplay and I hope you guys enjoy the other pictures I selected for you!



Definitely check out Linz Stanley's cosplay page so you can see more of her adventures. Whether it's traveling to Disneyland or posting about her clothing line she started, I look forward to what Linz makes next! Maybe an interview with her too in the near future? :)
https://www.facebook.com/LinzStanley/

What's Popular?