Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Danielle Beaulieu's Judgment Paladin!


When it comes to cosplayers with passion and consistently increasing their skills, Danielle Beaulieu does that pretty much with every new cosplay she makes. As you guys can probably tell from this year, Danielle has grown to be one of my personal favorites out of the dozens of girls I know. Not to mention getting to meet her is one highlight of my convention year. It also helps that she's an incredibly sweet person in person and online. If it's not League of Legends, then Warcraft is the other franchise that holds a huge place in her heart. Take one look at her cosplay page and you'll see several impressive builds based around characters like Sindragosa, Tier sets seen in WoW and various other cute takes like a lingerie/boudoir Blood Elf. For today, Danielle goes back to the Blood Elf to create a Judgment Paladin cosplay. I say Judgment because the set of armor is based around the Judgment tier set in WoW and I believe Uther played some role with inspiration and design.

The color scheme is derived of golden yellow with black and red highlights along the various pieces. A small breastplate can be seen on her chest with the torso/stomach area covered by a black fabric piece. There are so many details seen in each of the pieces. The gloves/hand pieces have a circular design in the center with a gem placed in them. Ribbons can be seen draped down from the chest piece, and similar items are seen on her belt/bottom piece. That's when things get so crazy that your eyes dart from one piece to another. There's also the fact that this cosplay continues in Danielle's accidental apparent love for butt capes. Her legs are covered all over on the front with various armor coverings. The paint job is also pretty spot on too!

I can't recall if the breastplate was from another cosplay or if it was used for a cosplay she made after. In any case, it goes to show just how resourceful Danielle is. Worbla looks to have been one of the main materials used here. The butt cape (yes I'll call it that) looks absolutely beautiful and the gold trim looks shiny. Another callback to the Judgment Paladin set is the hood that's seen at the very top of this cosplay. Ears are also present so you know Danielle is portraying a Blood Elf. The weathering and patterns on some of the pieces have me fangirling like crazy since Danielle never disappoints. The editing in some of the pics in terms of effects is also spot on!



Please check out Danielle's FB page if you haven't yet! I am highly confident that you will be astonished at the work she puts out. I'll also say it right here that she'll be featured one more time before the year is up. Let's just say her plans for BlizzCon have me so excited that I'm going to scream when photos of it pop up all completed :D

What's Popular?