Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Megawatt Cosplay is QUEEN :D

Photo by Hero Hotties
Megawatt Cosplay truly is something else you guys. Especially with helping me through personal stuff recently, she's just been an incredible friend to me and has shown so much love and kindness. Megan's also been cranking out cosplays frequently having debuted some at a con recently. I thought why not feature a couple of her outfits for you today. As you'll notice, it's mainly a DC Comics feature with outfits from the popular comic book publisher. Specifically I have Megan's Killer Frost and Mera (automatic OMG YES points in my book), which are both absolutely stunning and badass. To start off, Megan's Killer Frost is unlike her look in the comics. The version she's going for here is actually from the recent season of the Flash TV show, Dr. Caitlin Snow's evil Earth 2 counterpart. You can't really see with the editing but I do have one natural pic that shows off Megan's blonde wig she has for the cosplay.

Photo by Jeremiah Seymour Photography
The rest of Killer Frost includes a corset like top which has a beautiful ice blue pattern with a black belt of sorts around her torso. Finishing off the cosplay are a pair of skin tight leather style pants (least that's what it looks like from the pictures I have). Megan did a pretty stellar job with the makeup, chilling eye shadow and attractive blue lips! The edits of the cosplay really show what the cosplay is probably meant to look like. The hair changes to an ice white and Megan's pretty much glowing all around. Meta human ice powers shown coming out of her arms. I got so excited when she announced this was being worked on!

Though not as excited as I got when she started posting preview pics of Mera from Aquaman. Characters related to ones I've cosplayed as is a sure fire way to make me freaking love you a bunch and Megawatt's Mera is one such cosplay. Done to match with her friend's Female Aquaman for a recent con (AwesomeCon I think?), Mera is a bit more revealing but also includes chain mail for the top. Along with the top, there's also arm bracers and a belt with Aquaman's logo. These look to have been made with foam or worbla. I really love the detailing in them as well, the gold paint job looks superb!

Photo by Rich and Strange Photography
Mera's crown also looks to be done with the same material. Can we also talk about how beautiful Megan's wig is here? Cause oh man it definitely has volume, the shade of orange/red is spot on. The remainder of the cosplay consists of green skin tight pants. I imagine the bra top is an actual bra or bikini piece layered with the chainmail pieces. For comfort purposes since actual chainmail hitting the skin might not be comfortable at all. The photos of this cosplay show off Megan's figure beautifully. Not to mention the one edited pic I have is so amazing, the water and sunset effects are perfect for Mera. Overall this cosplay has me hopeful that Megan will wear it to NYCC so I can have another Mera next to my Aquaman (yes, I plan on bringing him again)! I really hope you guys like the pictures of both cosplays!

Photo by Hero Hotties
Photo by Maze Studio
Photo by Rich and Strange Photography
Photo by Hero Hotties
Photo by Rich and Strange Photography

I hope you guys enjoyed this DC showcase for Megawatt Cosplay. She's seriously one of the sweetest individuals I've met in this community and I highly recommend you all check out her work if you haven't yet. NYCC can't come fast enough cause I want to meet her so so much! :D

What's Popular?