Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Byndo Gehk's Mudkip!

Photo by Winged Mammal
I think Byndo Gehk has an internal goal to make me fangirl repeatedly at all of her cosplays whether they're brand new outfits, or recent photoshoots of her old cosplays. For ColossalCon this year, Byndo continued the tradition of creating a swimsuit design based around a Pokemon starter. If her overall plan is to do each water-type starter in order of appearance/generation, then I hope she's able to keep up with the new games being released! Yup, today you guys are taking a look at Mudkip, the water starter from the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games. Similarly in comparison to her Squirtle and Totodile, the outfit utilizes that stretch vinyl material for most areas of the cosplay. Byndo's Mudkip consists of a one-piece part with various small parts on her arms and leg coverings. The color scheme matches up with Mudkip perfectly with the different shades of blue along with the inserts of orange.

Photo by Ngo Photography
A small hole cutout can be seen around Byndo's chest and is lined with orange. The arms and hands have bands with blue in the center and orange again serving as the line edges. What's attached to the side pointing away from her are small orange like fins. These are also puffed up as if they were blown into to give off that pool like inflatable look. These orange fins are also seen alongside her legs. Speaking of which, the legs have an interesting design especially along the feet. Most likely done to give Byndo ease in walking and protect her.

Coming out behind is a white tail of sorts as is a blue fin at the top of her head. The blue wig that Byndo has is so freaking adorable and perfect for this cosplay. The orange fins are also present here sneakily extending from the sides. I'm not surprised as to how accurate the posing is from her either. Having done similar cosplay designs before, Byndo knows being cute and bubbly is the name of the game here. The water park setting of the con is a great fit as it should be for the theme of cosplays seen at ColossalCon. Byndo also had a matching Swampert to go along with her too which also had a pretty fantastic design! Enjoy the pictures you guys, I totally see myself grabbing a print of this cosplay SO I CAN CATCH ALL THE BYNDOS! <3

Photo by Bananzers
Photo by Dave Yang 
Photo by Mineralblu Photography
Photo by Oscar Delgado

I cannot recommend Byndo's page enough for you guys. She's one of few cosplayers who without a doubt makes me feel so happy with everything she posts, whether it's cosplay or just a thought. Plus her creative streams are enjoyable when I have the time to visit them! Please check her out, you guys won't be disappointed...like ever XD

What's Popular?