Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Oshley Cosplay's Mercy!

Photo by The Will Box
Besides Pokemon Go, if you had to ask gamers right now what has them superbly occupied, I'm willing to bet Overwatch is one of the games they mentioned. Released earlier this year, it's gathered a plethora of fans who love the gameplay mechanics. I've always had an interest in the game, but unfortunately can't make any judgment on account of having never played it yet. Blizzard being the company that they are, also catered heavily to cosplayers with some of the coolest character designs I've seen yet. One such character is the healer Mercy and man, did Oshley Cosplay KILL it with this outfit I have for you guys. Oshley's Mercy is made up of a combination of armor plating on her chest which extends downward into 2 sections on the lower part. Underneath the armor is fabric and what looks to be a black bodysuit. Oshley's arms and the tabard that extends out of the armor have a beautiful yellow-red gradient dye.


Photo by KUROHI
The armor has little grey and black inserts alongside the top edges. Oshley also has a popped collar covering her neck with a gold rim on the top. There's also little symbols on certain parts of the armor like the emergency cross symbol to name one. There's also a BUNCH of props that Oshley is seen utilizing. From the small gun to the tall staff like bow gun, both of which were probably done in foam or some other kind of material. The halo above Oshley's head also looks cute and is actually part of the character's headgear as I look closer at the photos.

One of the major parts to Oshley's Mercy is of course the wings extending out of her back. They look to be done with similar materials like the plating was. Some pics show the wings stationary while others feature the yellow wings that extend and come out. Those are done with that plastic see through material, you guys know what I'm talking about right? I can't get the right name for it so I'll just call it that XD. Lastly, the wig is absolutely awesome, the ponytail in the back is just so spot on! The end result is an incredible cosplay that I just had to talk about with you guys. I hope you like the other pics I selected!

Photo by Coslife
Photo by John Jiao Photography
Photo by Thach Roof Photos
This was the cosplay that made me an automatic fan of Oshley's work. Her other cosplays are pretty incredible as well. I'm super excited for her Female Varian Wrynn that she's working on for BlizzCon this year! Check out her page, you'll be glad you did :D

What's Popular?