Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Lisa Lou Who is one Badass Lady!


Originally, I was going to focus on Lisa Lou Who's Ryuko since when pictures started coming in of that cosplay, I got super excited. From her current cosplay portfolio, this was a character that was new to her in terms of how it looks. I even believe Lisa herself said this was new in terms of how revealing it was. Ever the body confident girl she is though, Lisa wanted to show off how awesome the character is and I can totally agree with that statement. That is until, she debuted her Sylvanas Windrunner at C2E2 awhile back. To me that further emphasized how amazing Lisa is at cosplay making with these recent outfits. The fact that wore her Dark Brotherhood alongside Sylvanas, made her time at C2E2 pretty fantastic. So for today, I wanted to take a glimpse at both her Ryuko from Kill la Kill and Sylvanas. They've both rapidly become some of my favorites that she's done and I hope you guys will get to understand why :).


For Ryuko, Lisa went with the Senketsu form that the character enters various times in the show. Most of these outfits from the show are oh so filled with fan-service--so to speak--and Senketsu is no different. Fabric and armor blend in together here with the top portion looking like to have been made with foam. The coloring is spot on and you definitely can tell where Senketsu's eye is here. There's also cufflink like pieces alongside both of her arms. The fabric parts is where it gets a little crazy. The skirt has suspenders going up to her chest and are attached to small coverings. Holy mother of under-boob is all I'll say about that XD.

Red and blue (or is it black?) make up the color scheme of the outfit here which contrasts greatly to the other main character Satsuki who's seen in White and blue. Red lines travel throughout the outfit and the long leggings. I love Lisa for having so much confidence in her body and in my personal opinion, she's got some pretty rad definition in her stomach area. Lastly, Ryuko's signature Scissor blade is seen and man does it look super bright with its coloring. I believe Lisa made this as well unless she had it commissioned. The photos themselves really add to the character with its concrete/street setting. Also the wig is perfect, I love the slight red streaks coming down in the lower areas. The horns look cool too! If I was able to, I'd totally grab prints of it!

Photo by Infinityspiral Photography
Getting to the second cosplay I have for you guys and just wow. For Sylvanas, Lisa did some stellar work in getting gray body paint on the areas of her skin that were shown off. Mostly armor makes up the part and in actuality, only the top section and her arms were made. The legs are actually covered by Sylvanas themed leggings made by Poprageous so that must have made things for Lisa a little easier. So what's made then? Well you've got the breastplate, hip areas and massive gauntlets. Plus the armor on her shoulders look insane, I love how the skulls look on them! The paint job was done using references to both Kamui Cosplay's book on the matter as well as how Jessica Nigri went about with her Deathwing. You truly get a 3D sense when you look at the work Lisa put into this.

Photo by Mineralblu Photography
There's also leg armor over the leggings and her feet which look like killer heels. I love how the silver accent lines and inner work look here too! The bow looks to be attached to one of her gauntlets and the shape is just beautiful. The bones that make it up look truly menacing. Lisa also has a gorgeous red hood along with a silvery/blonde wig, and elf ears of course! The shoulders have spike extensions that point outward down at the bottom. Gloves are seen with finger armor as well.

There's just so much about Lisa's Sylvanas that I love you guys. Much like her Ryuko, she shows off her figure very well here. The tattered red cape seems to be of the same material as the hood (possibly both are connected as one piece!). Some of the close up pictures really show the detailing that went into this and I'm sure Lisa had a ton of fun in making her. I don't want to make this incredibly long but here's other pictures of both outfits I talked about today :D.



Photo by Mineralblu Photography 

Photo by Nude Carbon
Photo by Cantera Image
All Ryuko Photos by Erik Blume Photography!

I will pretty much have nothing but wonderful things to say about Lisa Lou Who both as a person and her incredible cosplay talent. If you guys haven't looked her portfolio then please treat yourself to doing just that. Also I'm linking you guys to her Patreon account which is definitely something I'm looking into contributing to once I have the funds to do so. I miss Lisa a bunch and I hope I get to see her soon! <3

What's Popular?