Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ireland Reid's Link!


Cosplayer Ireland Reid has been creating outfits for conventions like crazy. For today, I had to share her Rule 63 Link cosplay from the Legend of Zelda. Not only does Ireland look killer in the outfit as a whole, but the photos are pretty freaking amazing. For the iconic Hylian, Ireland has the traditional green tunic over a white suit. Leather boots and gloves also are a part of the cosplay, these in particular look beautifully crafted! Some of the main things that stick out are of course the Master Sword and Hyrulian Shield. Both of which were made by Ireland herself. I have to say, they're pretty dang spot on. For posing sake and whatnot, I imagine both were done with foam and carved out. Possibly Worbla was involved, though I'm unclear on that element.  The top piece has a small insert with exposure to the chest for a slight sex appeal for this genderbend.


The blonde wig Ireland has is a very light shade and looks absolutely beautiful on her. With the added Ocarina in her hand, all signs point to the Ocarina of Time version of Link being cosplayed here. The green hat is also hard to miss since well, that's another iconic part about the character. As I mentioned above, the photos shot by ModelMosa look downright beautiful. The sunshine is really present here and gives off a pretty glare effect. Hell, most of these photos would make for an awesome wallpaper!

I have to wonder how fast Ireland cranks out her cosplays since I know she's a very busy lady. She pulls off Link very well and the cosplay is just gorgeous to look at. Would love to see this in person (along with her Yoko from Gurren Lagan because OMG) one day! I really hope you guys enjoy the pictures I picked out for you!





All Photos by ModelMosa!

I can't recommend Ireland Reid's work enough for you guys. Meeting her last night was a treat and I miss her constantly. She's so sweet and down to earth, not to mention inspiring on many levels for me personally. I look forward to most likely seeing her at NYCC this year! <3
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialIrelandReid/

What's Popular?