Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Smash Cosplay's Shiny Bunny Vaporeon!


If there's one cosplay group that I always find myself pulling outfits from to show off, it's the Bunny Suit Eeveelution group spear-headed by Stella Chuu. For today, I've got my awesome friend Smash Cosplay who's seen here as Vaporeon. However, the key difference between this and Stella's version is that the former is of the Shiny version. Shiny Pokemon for those who don't know, are a simple re-coloring of the classic Pokemon you know and love. They're also incredibly rare to find, I know for myself I've only seen/caught one. As with the other outfits from this group, the main inspiration for these Bunny Suits is that of the classic uniforms worn by Playboy bunnies back in the day. Smash Cosplay's Vaporeon is mainly in a bright pink/purple color scheme. The body suit is of a very bright shade and its texture is shiny in nature.


In addition to the bodysuit, Ashley has these absolutely gorgeous stockings/leggings. Lighter in shade but overall keeping with the same color scheme. Rounding out the cosplay are shoes of a much darker shade, almost magenta like. Along her wrists and neck are white circlets/cuffs. The wig has to be one of my favorite parts of the full cosplay. The style is more bob-like and it looks so freaking adorable. On top of the wig is a headband with fins attached. They specifically are colored purple which leads me to guess that Shiny Vaporeon is of purple/pink in looks.

The pictures themselves really give (to me at least) off that old time feel/vibe. Ashley is seen in a room laying across a piano, a giant chair, and other assortments of poses. Can't go wrong with the fancy drink that's beside her in a few of the shots too! Overall, the cosplay is a delight to see and she pulls it off so dang well! Enjoy the other photos I have picked out for you guys!





All photos by Photosnxs!

I highly recommend you check out Smash Cosplay's page on Facebook if you haven't yet. Some of her other cosplays are pretty rad like Black Canary, Sailor V, Female Cyclops and several others! :D

What's Popular?