Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Aerilaya Cosplay's Serperior!

Photo by U. V. Photography
Coming off of a feature on Jaycee Cosplay, I thought it'd be cool to feature her partner in crime when it comes to creating cosplays. Not to mention her waifu too of course! Aerilaya Cosplay has been making outfits for quite some time and will assist in making some of Jaycee's stuff which I've featured on here for sure. For today though, I wanted to look at one of Aerilaya's outfits made for Katsucon. Specifically done alongside Jaycee as part of their Pokemon gijinka group. Based around the starters, she chose Serperior and it looks absolutely beautiful! The cosplay consists of a top portion being extended by a long skirt. Color wise, the outfit has various shades of green and white with touches of yellow. Aerilaya's arms and legs are covered by long green sleeves, and the top portion has a yellow trim going around the bodysuit edges. On the skirt, is a pattern stitched in with a yellow fabric. Her waist area is tied together through a single leaf attached on the center.


Photo by GooJunky Photography
Prop wise, Aerilaya is wielding a staff that looks to have been made with wood with decorations wrapped around it. The top is seen with white petals surrounding the center which has leaves blooming outward. The leaves themselves also have some sort of yellow decoration. Aerilaya also went no expense in having some pretty stellar makeup to really capture Serperior's appearance. The final evolution itself has a sort of majestic/regal look and she really embodies that here. Not to mention the photos themselves are absolutely beautiful.

Pose wise, Aerilaya wields the staff in a variety of poses. What I find interesting (and maybe it's just me that sees it) but some of her facial expressions have this smug look which is hilarious because that's how the previous evolutions of the grass starter were portrayed as. Hell, Snivy got the nickname Smugleaf because of that so I wonder if that's what Aerilaya was going for. Other cool additions in the cosplay vary from the green lipstick, yellow piece coming out from the back of her head, and the yellow flower too. Overall I absolutely love this cosplay and I hope you guys enjoy the other photos I picked out!

Photo by Future Photography by M3 
Photo by Future Photography by M3  
Photo by GM Photography

I highly recommend you guys check out Aerilaya Cosplay's stuff on her FB Page. While she doesn't attend as many conventions anymore, her work is always a treat to see. You also get a pretty good look at what her friendship with Jaycee Cosplay is like. I pretty much ship them <3.

What's Popular?