Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Kayla Erin's looking Gorgeous in ALL THE THINGS!


For months I've been trying to find at least one outfit that the always so sweet Kayla Erin has recently made to feature again. Simply because I love her work and she's been an incredible supporter of my own stuff <3. In the end I decided to show you guys the plethora of cosplays Kayla has done and shot in. They really do show off Kayla's cute side. Anyways, so I have 3 cosplays to share with you all today. Figured we should start off with the character above Yuno! I might just be bs'ing most of this because I literally know nothing of the character except that she's from some anime I've never heard of. HOWEVER, Yuno seems to have a twisted little mind on top of being sweet/innocent looking. For this, Kayla went the lingerie route with the use of fake blood (I think this was colored syrup if I remember correctly) for the photo shoot. Hand prints covering the walls, in addition to a bloodied knife.

Her stoic facial expressions also add in a sort of creepy vibe which was something I bet her and the photographer were going for. Another outfit that Kayla had done was Tinkerbell from the classic Peter Pan movie. I'm in love with how elegant she looks here. The wings were done so well as was the long green skirt that makes up most of Tink's outfit. The wig is one of my favorite parts of this cosplay. Blonde is such a great color for Kayla in my opinion and the blue hair wrap compliments it so so well!

Lastly, she expressed her love of The Nightmare Before Christmas with her female Jack Skellington cosplay. The whole ensemble is a dead ringer to Jack's typical outfit. I'm talking a black/white striped jacket that looks to travel down her backside. A white shirt exists underneath said jacket, and the bowtie is just spot on. I wonder if that was one of Kayla's favorite things to make for the cosplay? The make up is pretty much perfect. Capturing that skeletal look, Kayla looks a bit menacing and the hand/arm poses too. All the photos I have for you guys look amazing, see for yourself :)




All Photos by Decade Three Photography!

If you haven't yet checked out Kayla Erin's fabulous cosplay work, DO IT NOW! She just recently did a photo shoot in her Saeko Busujima's Cooking outfit from High School of the Dead!

What's Popular?