Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Abby Dark Star's Lara Croft!

Photo by Photosnxs
The minute I saw this cosplay that Abby Dark Star created, I automatically wanted to gush about how incredible she looks in it. Also I found out that the latest Tomb Raider game came out last Tuesday! WHAT TIMING! You can't deny that Abby matches Lara Croft's iconic look which made her become an infamous female character in gaming. I really love how the cosplay looks overall. She shows confidence that she can kick anyone's butt any day. This being Lara's default outfit, Abby has on a green tank top with brown shorts. The shorts are decorated with various straps which hold holsters for her twin pistols you see in her hands. There's also a backpack being worn and combat boots it looks like as well. The belt has a golden buckle in the middle which you can see more clearly in the photos below.

Photo by Steamkittens
You may have noticed that the top looks fairly different. Almost as if it was painted on Abby. Nope, more like latex! This top was done by Vengeance Designs so my guess would be custom made? The balance/construction of the outfit was done cooperatively between Abby and her awesome husband Zen. This style of Lara while her classic look, is apparently also based on the comic version drawn by Adam Hughes!

The poses pretty much are spot on as well. Capturing that Tomb Raider, Abby managed to have pictures taken in fantastic locations. Such as the photo on the left where she's in an action pose leaning off a construction vehicle. There's some of her with the pistols pointed and ready to wreak havoc as she raids tombs for treasure. I love the brown wig and sunglasses Abby has on. Both of which look great on her and matches Lara's look to an uncanny resemblance. Hope you guys enjoy the other pictures I have to share!

Photo by Eugene S. 
Photo by Steamkittens
If you haven't checked out Abby Dark Star's page, I highly recommend you do so. On top of being incredibly talented, she's very active/responsive on her page provided of course you leave respectful comments. At the moment, Abby is slowly working on a badass Red Sonja cosplay (which you can help donate to in her store below!) so I'm very much looking forward to that being completed. I hope I get to meet her one day :D
https://www.facebook.com/abbydarkstar
http://keabtium.storenvy.com/

What's Popular?