Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: LynnX Cosplay's Sora!

Photo by Dan Dang
Through my friend Karlibra, I found out one of her first cosplay friends did this incredible Sora genderbend. So being the KH nut that I am, this outfit was definitely something I wanted to chat to you guys about :D. Compared to Sora's original design, Lynn simplified it to the cutest form. Here, she went with the KH2 design much like Karli's Riku. Short black shorts make up the bottom with yellow stripes traveling down her sides. A blue top with a red section down at the bottom makes up the top. White stripes are seen in this small area as well. Lynn also has a jacket made up of black, white and gray fabric parts. The gray on her shoulders give off that armor/pauldron vibe and looks so awesome.

Photo by Coslife
Of course, it wouldn't be Sora without his iconic Keyblade and necklace! For the keyblade, Lynn went with the classic default Kingdom Key. I'm unsure as to how this was made or if it was purchased, but regardless it looks simply amazing. Lynn weilds it well especially in the poses she made both solo and with Karli like in the picture on the left. Lynn's hair looks beautiful as well! The necklace of the crown was definitely made and is another stand out piece in that you certainly can't miss it ^_^.

Lynn also made gloves which match Sora's design. A mixture of black, white and yellow fabric with lines going everywhere. That's Tetsuya Nomura for ya, crazy designer obsessed with zippers and crazy lines. The small boots look great as well. I just love this cosplay overall and am so happy that I discovered Lynn's work. She's AMAZING <3. Enjoy the other pictures guys!




Photo by Rulison Photography 
Photo by NELSPHOTO 
Photo by NELSPHOTO 
Photo by Wiseley Fong Photography

Please consider checking LynnX Cosplay on Facebook! She's done several other cosplays such as Sasuke Uchiha and an incredibly cute Sexy Jutsu cosplay as well! You won't be disappointed!

What's Popular?