Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Gladzy Kei's Alpha Toothless Gijinka!

Photo by Destiny's Curse Photography/Edited by White Specs Photography
For today, there's a totally awesome Canadian cosplayer that I needed to share with you all today. I've referenced Gladzy Kei before on here with Jessica Nigri's Battle Armor Elsa and Armored Sailor Mars. That's because she's the one who designed the characters! Drawing seems to be one of Gladzy's strong suits because she also creates her own versions of cosplays she then creates. Such is the case for the outfit you see above! Here, Gladzy is armored up in a gijinka of Alpha Toothless from the movie series of How to Train Your Dragon! I really love her creativity here, the outfit is set up so you have the breastplate and small shoulder pauldrons which connect to the straps holding the chest piece up! Nothing too crazy going on in the bottom area (of course when you get to the legs/feet that is) with a fur belt buckle that has separate straps traveling down!

Photo by William Tan Photography
Gladzy's arms consist of dragon gloves she made for herself. They resemble Toothless' own paws adding in fur and leather straps which help secure the plating she has on them. Her boots are a similar but different story. Giant dragon feet with chains and armor covering the top of them. I get a Skyrim vibe from this outfit as a whole. The layout of the pieces along with the use of materials she used, it's just absolutely incredible. The helmet is also something special, with dragon wings on the side to resemble ears and a center-piece that has horns above in the center. There's also dragon scales poking out at the top that are GLOWING :D.

Not just here, but other areas also incorporate the use of LED lights. This is such an intricate cosplay and I'm just blown away by Gladzy's craftsmanship. The contacts she's wearing also give off that devious nature Toothless shows in the movie, being all bright green and whatnot ^^. She definitely looks both elegant yet fierce in the poses she makes. The photos overall came out so beautifully well shot. Having the LED's highlighted in most of the shots was a great direction taken! Have a look at some of the other pictures I picked out! :)

Photo by Destiny's Curse Photography 
Photo by William Tan Photography
Photo by William Tan Photography/Edited by White Specs Photography

I highly recommend you all check out Gladzy Kei's work on her page! She recently designed another cosplay for Jess which she wore at this past Amazing Hawaii Comic Con and it LOOKED AMAZING! Plus her other armor cosplays are just so badass! <3

What's Popular?