Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Randomonia Cosplay's Genderbend Axel!

Photo by Brian Ngai Photography
At NYCC last year, I happened to run into this super awesome cosplayer who did a genderbend of Axel from Kingdom Hearts! As such I proceeded to geek out as did she since I was wearing my Riku cosplay at that time. Months later we finally started chatting and holy crap she's now one of my best friends EVER! Meet Sami, and her incredibly badass Axel! The concept Sami went with was to make a giant black ballgown of sorts. The upper portion involves a corset like piece with silver rows crossing over her sides. There's also the hair which it looks like her own just dyed that deep hue of red which Axel has. Obviously though one of the main pieces to this cosplay are the signature chakrams that's a staple to the character.

These weapons were made with a flake board and created with help from one of Sami's friends. The precision is simply amazing and I love how picture perfect they came out. Like directly from the game. Sami is seen making the right poses as well for Axel. These include holding up the chakrams up near her neck like in the top pic. Also having them droop down with a relaxed pose (how Axel moves/fights in the game!). Long black gloves were also added. Plus there's some makeup on which was used to recreate Axel's markings on his face.

Overall I'm in love with this cosplay and how it introduced me to another lifelong friend :D. Definitely would love to one day do a proper shoot with her and my Riku, I NEED KH SHOOTS YOU GUYS :O. Enjoy the other pictures I got for you all!







Please go check out Sami's work over on her cosplay page! She has lots of outfits planned along with working on cosplays from Homestuck! Sami's got so much talent and I can't WAIT to see her at NYCC this year <3.

What's Popular?