Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Courtney Michelle's Luffy!

Photo by Alan Tijerina
I love discovering cosplayers who in my eyes, show lots of potential for the future. Whether in making amazing outfits or being possible guests at conventions. Only time will tell I suppose. Such is the case with Courtney Michelle! I've chatted with her several times before on SnapChat and other areas but only recently did I definitely check out her work. All I'll say is that I like what I see! It was actually Courtney's suggestion that I feature her Luffy cosplay since it was one of the recent ones in which she's proud of. What you guys see is what I imagine Luffy from One Piece would look like should his gender be swapped. You've got the red vest covering up a black bra along with short shorts and a yellow belt!

Photo by Yohan Ko
In addition, Courtney's wearing a beautiful long black wig and of course, Luffy's signature Straw Hat! There's also some necklace/jewelry wrapped around her left arm too! This cosplay definitely screams summer/spring time since it's very lightweight and perfect for those seasons! I love Courtney's poses as well since she seems to be a fan of the character in addition to the show/manga. Her makeup is also really cool here with the little scar you can see!

With this being such a simple outfit, that's really all I can say about it! The setting in the photos being both pool side and outdoors near trees is perfect and the photos look beautiful! Hope you guys enjoy them!







Photo by Alan Tijerina

Photo by Ron Brewer 
Photo by Yohan Ko
Please consider checking out Courtney's FB Page! Some of her other outfits are really awesome plus I have an interview that's already up on here! :D

What's Popular?