Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ivy Doomkitty's Victoria's Secret Angel Nick Fury!

Photo by York in a Box
Cosplayer Ivy Doomkitty certainly has incredible talent on top of a beyond gorgeous figure! I was pretty surprised to see that I had featured her only once before so I wanted to change that for you guys. At this year's San Diego Comic Con, Ivy teamed up with several other cosplayers for an Avengers themed shoot. What's interesting about this though is the concept behind it. If you didn't fully read the title, Ivy here is cosplaying as the classic Nick Fury as if he were a Victoria's Secret Angel! Hence the giant wings coming out of her backside. If I'm remembering correctly, Ivy and some of the other group members had assistance from Castle Corsetry in creating the base outfit which you see here. A blue tight corset with a blue bra placed over it. The bra is lined with an interesting pattern of black, blue and white dots!

Photo by FirstGlance Photography
Ivy's wig was beautifully done, long flowing brown hair with inserts of white extensions. These extensions call back to classic Fury's distinct hair style. Of course, it wouldn't be Nick Fury without the signature eye-patch! The white harness that Ivy made is especially interesting. Straps are seen coming down underneath the bra, but soon encase her entire bottom area, front and back. Ivy herself deemed it as the "@$$ cage". It looks like the harness also connects to her leggings as well as help supporting the wings.

Speaking of which, the wings look incredible. Made with a variety of wires and blue/white feathers, I believe Ivy stated that the back of it has a pattern which forms the SHIELD logo! How cool is that huh? :D. Wielding a small pistol, she looks both daring and seductive. Really capturing that Victoria's Secret look, Ivy nailed the poses and I'm impressed as always at the intricacy of the cosplay. You did an amazing job Ivy <3. Enjoy the other pictures I've got for you all!



Photo by York in a Box
If you haven't visited Ivy Doomkitty's page, you're missing out on so much! Not only has Ivy created a plethora of incredible cosplays, she's also a fantastic role model. Being a strong advocate for body positivity and cosplaying no matter what you look like. Her panels held at various conventions are definitely a treat from what I've heard. Wouldn't mind seeing it at least once! Miss you Ivy, hopefully I'll see you at NYCC! I promise you guys an interview with this beauty will happen this year!

What's Popular?