Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Aicosu's Sheila and her Cindy!


Pretty much every Final Fantasy since it's second entry has had a slew of recurring characters, concepts and enemies which made their debut there. One such character is Cid. Normally Cid is either a man of political power (12 and 13), an engineer/airship guy (7 and 10), or someone else of importance. The long awaited and anticipated next entry is shaking things up a bit by making Cid a female. Dubbed Cindy (Cidney in the Japanese version), she'll serve as the mechanic who fixes up your sweet looking car that you use for travel. So now that the background is out of the way, let's get to the cosplay! This is actually the first time I've featured the incredibly talented cosplay duo of Aicosu! Based in Arizona, it consists of Sheila and Sylar, for today, I had to show off Sheila's beautiful Cindy!

The cosplay consists of a crop top yellow mechanic jacket with exposure to the chest. Underneath is a bright pink bra. There's also black gloves, a side-aligned belt which is traditional I feel in most of Tetsuya Nomura's designs. He sure loves belts 0-0. The back of Sheila's jacket and red cap is decorated with a logo of what I'm guessing is the station that Cindy works at in the game. The application of it is spot on and super clean. Goggles can be seen hanging down from Sheila's neck as well. Booty shorts and tan high boots with black socks round out the rest of the cosplay.

I love the short curly blonde wig she has on. It makes the character look so incredibly cute. Some of the closeups of Shelia's face show her makeup which she applied to give off that dirty mechanic look. I imagine that'll be something shown in the game. She nails the poses to show off that sassy/somewhat sexy vibe that Cindy gives off. Matching with her was Sylar as one of the supporting party members Noctis has with him throughout the game. The pictures I've got for you guys from Anime Expo are so awesome. Don't worry, I'll give Sylar a feature soon enough I promise :).





All Photos by Eurobeat Kasumi Photoraphy!

Please head on over the Aicosu's cosplay page and give them a like! They've done some adorable couple cosplays together and I really hope I'll get to finally meet them one day :D

What's Popular?