Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Fan Interview: Hanne Therese!


I wanted to do something different for an interview and it was a definite enjoyment when I recorded it a few weeks ago. When I say different, I mean that the lovely lady I interviewed is one of my amazing friends who I met thanks to Cosplay and she is a definite big fan of the hobby! Hanne Therese lives over in Norway and has cosplayed several times in hopes to make her own cosplay some day. She runs a few fan pages on Instagram all dedicated to cosplay! One simply titled costume_play which shows off any and all cosplays that catch Hanne's eye. The other is misshabits which is dedicated to cosplayer Amie Lynn! Amie just so happens to be one of her favorite cosplayers!

In this interview we talk about cosplay and what it means to Hanne. How she discovered the hobby and what it means for her to being recognized/noticed by some of her favorite cosplayers--Jessica Nigri and Vampy Bit Me to name a few--Hanne states she's inspired by them and how they're role models for her just like they are to me! Kill La Kill is her favorite anime with Satsuki being Hanne's anime waifu. San Diego Comic Con is one of the cons she hopes to attend to one day as well as visiting one in Australia! Hanne's next convention will be at MCM London Expo this October so she'll get to meet Jessica and lots of her friends in London she's made online thanks to Cosplay! We both had lots of fun with this interview and Hanne is just such a sweetheart! I hope you guys enjoy this interview!


What's Popular?