Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: K.O. Cosplay's Pokemon Gijinkas!

Captured by Beat Down Boogie
In an attempt to feature more cosplayers, I'm changing the way my features are written up. Mainly it'll just be more pictures and less words (possibly like 1 paragraph, I'm gonna try people!). With that being said I wanted to feature someone I found when looking for ideas to improve my Greninja gijinka! K.O. (Knock-Out) Cosplay has done a couple of Pokemon gijinkas that just blew me away! Her Wartortle was actually the one that made me consider if I should have made another weapon for Greninja but I decided against it. This cosplay was done--as she puts it--with a "Valkyrie" look hence the badass water sword! I love the designs on the blade and the shell pauldrons/hip armor!

In addition, K.O Cosplay did a Rayquaza and Suicune gijinka! Both of these have a head ornament with Rayquaza's face and Suicune's blue head...armor? They're also done with a more elegant look with long pieces of fabrics, capes and armor patterns. Rayquaza especially looks fierce while Suicune is calm in combination with the shots taken. Check out these awesome pictures!
Photo by Cozpho Photography
Photo by Euphoria Cosplay Studios
Photo by OhHeyItsSK
Photo by Ron Gejon Photography
Photo by Ron Gejon Photography
If you want to see more of her awesome cosplays, check out her Facebook Page!
https://www.facebook.com/KOCosplay


What's Popular?