Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Video Interview: Negative Stacey!

Photo by Games N Girls
Last week I had the amazing opportunity to interview cosplayer Negative Stacey via Google Hangout. After some confusion with setting up our speakers and getting to see one another, I can definitely say that this has been one of my favorite interviews done so far. We worked on setting up a date to do this with Stacey's schedule being a bit crazy these past few weeks including hosting events and whatnot but we definitely had lots of fun! Stacey is a New York based cosplayer who has been making outfits for a few years with her first convention being New York Comic Con 2011! With League of Legends being her all time favorite game, she cosplayed as one of the many champions of the game Akali.

Photo by D. Brooks Photo82
Throughout the interview we talked about how for Stacey, it's mainly the games which she is a fan of. While she has gone to an Anime convention, it's not really her thing though she can definitely appreciate the cosplays that come out of it. Growing up with a Super Nintendo, Stacey played video games growing up but didn't quite have the passion she has now until walking in on her brother playing Halo 3 and being interested at how much he was kicking ass while she wore his headset talking trash.

Mad Moxxi from Borderlands was her first big outfit she worked on with help from her Aunt who came down to help her. Stating that one of the difficult parts was working on the yellow trim that goes around the bra downwards through the rest of the outfit. Her Poison and Roxy cosplays came about with one of her cosplay friends stating that she should be Roxy to her Poison and with the character being easy to wear and put on Stacey went for it and man do those photos look awesome. Having won prints of that cosplay Stacey really nails the character down to the poses.

Photo by Ron Gejon Photography
Stacey attended PAX East for the first time this year and it's definitely her favorite convention as of now due to all the games she can play and check out as they're announced along with the panels you can sit in on. Though that might change if she's able to go to Dragon*Con in a few weeks!

Nowadays, Stacey is busy with her full time job working as a massage therapist and working on cosplays for NYCC this coming year. Stacey didn't share what she had planned and wanted to keep it a secret for now which has me even more excited! Before the interview Stacey spent the day on Coney Island for another Borderlands Bikini shoot and well, she was able to keep her outfit on throughout the interview which you can see below. She didn't have to as I asked if she was ok with being in that cosplay but it didn't matter to her so I really appreciate that Stacey did that for me <3. The makeup for Moxxi looks really awesome you guys! Her various cats also make an appearance and you definitely learn about them too!

Photo by Ron Gejon Photography
The interview is my longest one yet and I'm just so so happy with how it all came out and I definitely owe Stacey a big hug when I see her this year! I hope you guys enjoy!

Photo by Brian Ngai Photography
Photo by Eric McCoy Photography
Photo by Ron Gejon Photography
Photo by Fernando Gcervantes
Photo by Cantera Cosplay
To Stacey, thank you so much for letting me interview you! You're an absolute sweetheart and I can't wait to meet you at NYCC! If you guys want to follow Negative Stacey and her cosplay work, check out these links!
Website:
http://www.negativestacey.com/
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/NegativeStacey
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/NegativeStacey
Instagram:
http://instagram.com/negativestacey
YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0V3INErWbEvzJb6r8gJnVQ

What's Popular?