Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: DeAnna Davis' Misty!


The minute I saw the first picture DeAnna/It's Raining Neon posted of her Misty cosplay from Pokemon, I fell in love with it right then and there. This was a fairly simple cosplay that DeAnna was able to make and she looks just absolutely adorable. I really love the back shots she took since it looks very attractive. Not only was the outfit done but DeAnna also created a Staryu prop which has a drainage system so it can be submerged underwater easily as well as float! DeAnna stated on her page that the most difficult part was taking proper photos and staying in character. How would this be a problem? Well I forgot to mention the fact that this was done in a public area/pool spot.

Multiple people were looking at her occasionally wondering what the heck she was doing all posing in front of a camera with no one else taking the shots. This also caused the shoot to take about 4 hours rather than 1 hour at best. The colors are so bright and the Staryu stands at about 3.5ft tall! I would love to see this cosplay in person and DeAnna looks like she's having lots of fun with the photos. Cute faces and sassy poses seriously make this photo shoot awesome. DeAnna, YOU'RE A PERFECT MISTY! <3 I hope you guys enjoy the pictures!




All photos taken by DeAnna Davis/It's Raining Neon!

What's Popular?