Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Jaime Poison's Warrior Ariel!

Photo by Undying Magic Photography
If there's one thing I've seen thanks to the Internet is many variations on the classic Disney Princesses. From imagining them as Street Fighter characters, Star Wars Bounty Hunters and even World of Warcraft classes. Here I have cosplayer Jaime Poison cosplaying as Warrior Princess Ariel which is her own take on one of her favorite Disney Characters. I actually was able to see this in person as I managed to run into her during PAX East this year. It was cool that she knew who I was and let me tell you, she looked absolutely stunning! I love the red wig that she used since it looks so long and flows beautifully!

The shoulder piece was made out of Worbla and the sea shell bra looks super cute as well. The Trident is most impressive here as the staff itself was done with a wooden stick. The top part was crafted with the base done using wires and sculpting. On top of this was some clay baked up and a wooden dowel latched in place for support. This was then spray painted with some gold paint and a gold cord to finish it off. The green pants looks to be done in spandex and patterned out for that scale effect. Seriously this was so cool to see and I'm so glad I got to meet Jaime. I hope I get to see you again this year Jaime and hopefully talk for a longer period of time :). Enjoy the pictures guys!


Photo by David Ngo

Photo by Noxi Photography
Photo by Stolen Soul Photography


What's Popular?