Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Sophii Cosplay's Harley Quinn!

Photo by Steven F. French Enterprises
Today I've got a brand new cosplayer for you guys and she definitely shows a lot of promise at creating amazing outfits in the near future! Yes it's another Harley Quinn but Sophii decided to take the character and create her own little spin on her! The outfit consists of a red top with a black bra underneath and a red/black striped corset clincher around the main part of her body. To round out the rest of the outfit, Sophii has black short shorts, fishnet leggings and black boots! The wig is a very pale yellow shade and works well with her overall. I really love the sole amount of black makeup that Sophii applied to one of her eyes. To me it definitely gives off that crazy vibe that Harley is known for and it looks as if Sophii has eyeliner makeup dripping down which is suitable to the character.

Photo by Steve Gracy Photography
One of the stand out pieces to Sophii's Harley is of course the giant hammer. For Harley's most known weapon, Sophii decided to have it coordinate with her outfit and use what looks like to be red/black tape to cover up the entire hammer. She's seen holding it with ease so my best guess would be that it's made with a light material. Possibly foam, although I'm not entirely sure so don't quote me on this people! There's also the spiked belt that Sophii wears in some of the pictures as well!

The poses made in the shot match Harley really well too! Yes if you look at the pictures some parts of the outfit may not be the same but the overall concept is still there. I'm very much looking forward to what other cosplays Sophii has in store and she captures Harley amazingly here :). Enjoy these other pictures of the outfit!









Photo by Steven F. French Enterprises
Photo by Steven F. French Enterprises
Photo by Steve Gracy Photography

Be sure to give Sophii Cosplay's new page Ultra Girls Cosplay a look for more progress pictures of her upcoming outfits :D. Both her and her friend Cissa have lots of other outfits planned for you guys!
https://www.facebook.com/UltraGirlsCosplay




What's Popular?