Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open


UPDATED ON 8/20/21:

Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued

As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now.

On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts from cosplayer interviews to game reviews and even convention reports. I did my absolute best to share so much of the cosplay community and people really resonated with that. For my professional side, I've noted that the Lightning Palace has gained critical acclaim and notoriety across the globe. That's not an understatement, people in other countries became my friends through this blog. Many of the relationships and friendships I have now all started in some way through my blog. This will always be one of my shining spots of my journey as a content creator, I am forever grateful for all the things I got to experience thanks to the Lightning Palace.

So where do we go from here? Well, I'll be more focused on my Podcast and streaming over on Twitch as best as I can. I'm embracing my BluLightningCos identity/persona mostly on Instagram and Twitter. The lightningpalaceblog Instagram account has been disabled until further notice and all future podcast episodes will instead be shared on my main IG account.

Maybe I'll come back to blogging if I feel inspired one day to write, but I'm trying to mitigate the various stressors in my life and focus on key efforts/hobbies that make me happy. 

If you'd like to follow my continuing content creator efforts, you can check out these links.

twitch.tv/blulightningcos

instagram.com/blulightningcos

anchor.fm/cosplaybytes

twitter.com/blulightningcos

Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart for all your support and love. I wouldn't have been able to experience some of the things I did without your feedback and enjoyment. <3 Please continue to stay safe in these crazy times. You'll still see me around ok?

What's Popular?