Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Nathan DeLuca's Kaidan Alenko


I hope you guys are prepared for a truly badass cosplayer for today. I only came across him in the past month through other cosplayers! Once I looked through his portfolio of work I was immediately on board. Meet Nathan DeLuca, a Canadian cosplayer who creates some really incredible armor based cosplays. The outfit you see above is Kaidan Alenko from the Mass Effect series! I have a particular liking to Nathan's cosplay on account of also having Kaidan survive through till the final game in Shepard's trilogy. The entirety of the outfit was done with EVA foam and it's definitely a material Nathan is comfortable working with. I really do love the paint job on the armor pieces as it makes it look more authentic along with the weathering details. Looking at the pictures from this cosplay's photoshoot and I'm just in awe of how amazing it looks.

In addition I'm also extremely intimidated for my own future cosplays because I'm nowhere near as talented as Nathan XD. Majority of the pieces for his Kaidan are strapped on a black full body suit I'm guessing? The amount of time it takes for him to take off and put on the outfit must be a pretty good deal, that is of course he found some way to speed up the process! The rifle Nathan is using was also done by him so he's also got prop weapon skills to go along with his amazing cosplay skill set. I really like how his hair look as well since it matches up Kaidan's look. Not gonna lie he's good looking, so any of my female readers might want to keep an eye on him ^^.

The photoshoot Nathan had with Shaun is just too good and I love how the photos came out in the end. Nathan also does one hell of a Nightwing so that's an automatic win in my book! I hope I'm able to interview him for you guys sometime later this year so be on the lookout for that maybe? Until then have a look at some of the other pictures of Nathan's Kaidan!







All photos by Shaun Simpson Photography!

Definitely head over to Nathan's page and give it a like. He's done so many cosplays and each of them have their own flavor of epic!
https://www.facebook.com/nathandelucacosplay


What's Popular?