Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ely Renae's Female Ganondorf!


You may have seen this amazing Rule 63 Ganondorf cosplay around the Internet before but today I wanted to properly talk about how amazing this outfit (and the cosplayer) is! Guys, meet Ely Renae who's cosplays over from Pennsylvania. In trying to find more cosplayers to feature for the first time here, she was definitely one of many I found after seeing her Katsucon lineup (FREAKING KNUCKLES GIJINKA) which then prompted me to look over her collection of outfits. Ganondorf immediately stuck out to me not only for the amazing armor work but the fact that the hairstyle and body paint Ely applied on is on point! The cosplay itself is most likely Ganondorf's Twilight Princess look based on the armor and hair alone. The armor looks to be made with Worbla and I love the painting details Ely made on them.


The paterns on each of the armor pieces are synonymous with one another. Metallic grey and gold are the general colors used for these pieces and it certainly goes with Ganondorf. I love the little crown that's attached to Ely's wig. The gemstone in the center of her forehead is also a beautiful touch. Red straps are attached to the backs of the arm guards and leg armor. The ends of the sleeves and leggings have a pastel color design that reminds me of the Sheikah tribal markings!

Ely's pants look to be dark blue and skin tight. Along the belt are insignia markings that mark the tips of red leather like straps. She's also wearing a dark red cape that looks simply magnificent, I really love the shots that show it moving off in the wind. The buildings in the background of some of the shots work so well with the cosplay. It's as if Ganondorf is wandering through Hyrule preparing to launch an assault on the kingdom! I really admire Ely's dedication in truly becoming the Gerudo King with modifying her body with the light grey paint. Such an awesome job overall and I love the darkened parts on her cheeks and her chest. There's obviously a lot more to love about this cosplay so have some photos to look at!





All photos by Emily Smith Photography!

Be sure to check out Ely Renae on Facebook you guys. She's got lots of other amazing cosplays! :)
https://www.facebook.com/ElyRenae

What's Popular?