Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Katyuska Moonfox as Tharja, my Fire Emblem Waifu!


The admiration I have for Katyuska Moonfox is so strong you guys. Today I wanted to feature her Tharja cosplay from Fire Emblem: Awakening! The outfit as a whole is one of Katyuska's best outfits yet in my opinion. She just looks so enchanting as her and all the more mischievous. For some backstory, Tharja is an optional character you can recruit at a certain point in the game. She can be romanced by your avatar and her personality is rather odd. By odd I mean she enjoys "watching" your character from afar in all of your romance attempts. I loved this cosplay so much that I went and replayed Awakening for the sole purpose of getting Tharja to be my wife <3. Over the past few months I've developed an immense love for the series so now just about any Fire Emblem cosplay will make me incredibly happy!

 Looking at the cosplay itself, it consists of a thin covering over most of Katyuska's body. The fabric she used is a near perfect match for how it looks in the game. I love the outside and inside of the cape and the trim throughout the whole outfit is a beautiful gold! The wig is a deep black color yet the photos here were edited to show off a great deal of purple and I absolutely love the results! The crown adorned on Katyuska's head is probably made from either foam or Worbla! There are also gold heels with bands around her ankles.

The thin covering also goes up to her hands with only her fingers being unaffected. The shoulder pieces look to be the same fabric as majority of the cosplay itself and I just love how it looks! As far as the poses go, Katyuska does a fantastic job capturing that dark side of Tharja which she's known for. The first image you see here is completely identical to her portrait in the game itself and I LOVE IT! The purple shading in the lighting works so well and most likely references the Dark Mage aspect of Tharja's class! Katyuska looks so elegant and her figure matches what the character is supposedly known for as having "the best body in the whole army" in game! I really hope you guys love the photos as much as I do!





All photos by What a Big Camera!

If you guys haven't taken a look at Katyuska Moonfox's work GET ON THAT! She's my cosplay waifu and I look forward to interviewing her still when she has more free time! She's making Esdeath from Akame Ga Kill and I'm so pumped to see it :D

https://www.facebook.com/KatyuskaMoonFox
https://twitter.com/Katyuskamoonfox
http://instagram.com/katyuskaz

What's Popular?