Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Cosplay Feature: Bishoujo Mom's KimochiiCon Lineup!

Photo by David Ngo It's been quite the journey for Juliette Michele otherwise known as Bishoujo Mom in the years I've followed her work! Between the insane success she's found with her spicy sites, Juliette's out here making booty & chest pillows, her own sex doll (good god) and now her own 18+ convention dubbed Kimochii Con! Formerly known as Waifu Expo, the convention wrapped up its second showing earlier this year in her home state of Texas. Born from the idea of wanting a safe & accepted adult themed convention with the current makeup being so limited, Juliette absolutely nailed all aspects of the event. From all the posts & feedback I've seen, this is definitely a convention I need to attend at some point in my own life. So of course Juliette had to bring out some intense cosplays for the event. This resulted in both Mizora from Baldur's Gate 3 & her own mascot Spite the succubus, fully created in her likeness. Starting with Mizora, Juliette

Cosplay Feature: Jessica Nigri's Persephone!



Hades was a game that dominated both my time alongside everyone else's. While it wasn't my first rouge like, it was the entry that made me dive into it. With the sequel now out in early access, everyone's coming up with insane builds to get to the end and fight Chronos. Besides the addictive gameplay loop, another core aspect of this game is that the art team went crazy and made everyone hot. Jessica Nigri eventually made her way to cosplaying the ever loving mother Persephone a little over a year ago and the overall vibes that these photos present is nothing short of warm and caring. While simple looking at first glance, there's a lot of little details that Jess added to the cosplay. The bulk of the cosplay is a long white dress with a deep dark green shaded belt tied along her waist.

For the chest section, Jess has this golden chain like piece wrapped around to form an X shape and just ending at the midriff. A lighter forest green sash can be seen secured/tied to one of her arms. That same arm has a beautifully designed bracer along her arm in addition to a smaller band just right under the sash. These both look to be done in a golden colored fabric and not armor which is what I initially thought until I took a closer second look at the pictures. I really love the wig work here when you get towards the top. Spikes are the name of the game here and I get serious anime protagonist vibes from looking at them. Definitely matches up with the hyper designed characters from the game!

In all of the shots I have for you, a cluster of purple flowers is set on one of the sides of the wig. I'm not completely sure if Jessica put this on separately or if it's attached to the wig itself. Either way, it definitely stands out as being one of the darker colors of the overall cosplay. What really adds to this cosplay is the inclusion of Jess' best boy/son Cado as the main protagonist Zagreus. From the fiery crown that's on his head to the adorable little red sash with skulls, I can't get over how adorable this looks on him.

Jessica also has a miniaturized sword that Zagreus uses in the game as a prop and holds it close to Cado whenever they're both in the shot together. Some pictures also show Jess posing with a wooden bucket filled to the brim with a variety of fruits. With Persephone being the goddess of harvest & fertility, the fruit addition matches up perfectly. I'm curious if the photos taken were done so in one of Jessica's plant areas in her house cause I can't get over how awesome the backgrounds are. It really adds to the warm and glowing vibes that the character also portrays in the game. You'd think  I'd be shocked at the work Jess puts into her cosplays but I'm not because she always just goes above and beyond when it comes to the characters/ideas she has. Be sure to check out the rest of the photos I found! :)




All Shots taken by Martin Wong!

Check out all of Jessica's links & work by checking out the one down below! Hoping I'll get to have her on my podcast one day too ^_^

What's Popular?