Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: SparkleStache's Shenron!

Photo by David Ngo

Some gijinka concepts are definitely out there and clever in both its design and execution. When I last featured Sparkle Stache, it was in her Nova cosplay from Heroes of the Storm. This time, she's taken a stab at the Dragon Ball franchise with an outfit around the omnipotent dragon god, Shenron. You can immediately see that this cosplay is all about the green and the tail is certainly the stand out part of the cosplay as a whole. Krissy has a one piece suit that's covered in green plus a scale like texture. The front part of this area is yellow with a red trim separating that from the green. The former color is patterned out to look like how Shenron's underside is. Green straps are seen over her shoulders as well.

Shot by MVM Photography
For her legs, Krissy has long stockings/leggings with a red trim at the top. As you can probably expect, these are also green in color. A green wig makes up the head portion with some long bangs traveling in the front. She's also rocking two brown horns which look like parts of a tree, the texture is on point here, Definitely curious as to how they were made. As I mentioned at the start, the tail is certainly a key part to Shenron. Krissy looks to have it attached on her backside in several areas.

My guess would have to be at least two spots unless she fashioned the tail in a way so that it would never lose its shape. Much like the bodysuit, it's green and yellow in color being separated by a red trim. The tail itself looks like it's inflated or it could also be made from a more sturdier material. That would explain how its curved shape is held up with Krissy's poses. Some eye makeup can be seen in some of the shots which is rad as all hell! Check out the other shots I have of this :).



Photo by Gil Riego Photography

Photo by OtakuHype

Photo by Gil Riego Photography

Sparkle Stache did a phenomenal job bringing Shenron to life! She's got quite the portfolio of work if my past piece on her is anything to go by. Check out her Patreon for more links and if you'd like to support her work!
https://www.patreon.com/sparklestache
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?