Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Azura Cosplay as Zelda!

Photo by Maze Studio

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

If there's one thing I know about Azura Cosplay, is she really loves using her creativity to make some badass and complex builds! Case and point, this design of Princess Zelda she came up with is both stunning and beautiful on so many levels! Debuted at Katsucon, Azura pulled out all the stops for some really amazing armor work. The details in these specific pieces are really what draws my eyes and trust me, they'll do the same for you. For starters Azura has a gorgeous skirt/dress portion along the bottom of the cosplay. It looks like it's attached on the side of a purple leotard which makes up the base for this cosplay. Both of the side pieces are pink with an awesome gradient effect on them, PLUS a glorious golden pattern along the bottom. It also looks like she has small jewel stones in this part of the cosplay.

Photo by David Ngo
Peeks of the even lighter pink cape can be seen extending off and down Azura's backside. I love the dusty gold color that lines out the bottom of it! A Hyrulian tabard complete with the Triforce looks to be attached via hoops on her hip pieces. All the armor is done up in that golden color. In addition to the aforementioned hip parts, you've got a small breastplate, layered up shoulder pieces and arm gauntlets. Azura was documenting her process in creating this on her Snapchat and it was such a joy to see this slowly come to life.

I'm kinda jumping all over the place but seriously this is one top notch cosplay Azura created. A super blonde wig can be seen with all sorts of decorations. From the white strings on the front braids, to a beautiful tiara/crown on the top. Gotta have those elf ears too! A small necklace is seen as you travel down from the top of Azura's head. The arm gauntlets have fancy purple frills sticking out of either end of them. Plus, the shoulders have a piece of pink fabric underneath them. These parts are done in 3 pieces, with the lowest one being in that classic shoulder shape. The other 2 are positioned in a more straight fashion but still maintaining that curved shape.


Only a few shots here give a good view of Azura's boots/legs but they consist of frontal armor coverage with a golden boot that looks like it's been covered over a base shoe. The hip armor also has that layered look which is just so beautiful! The shot above sees Azura having a corset like piece of fabric attached to the purple base suit. My guess is that this was something that she wasn't able to finish in time for Katsu and it certainly adds a little more to the full ensemble! The neck piece looks to be attached to the shoulders a la the tabard at the bottom! I saw this in person at PAX East and holy smokes Azura looked incredible. I regret not getting a pic with her in it. I WAS IN A RUSH AHHHH. Lastly, you can see hints of small red, blue and green stones in some of her armor pieces. Referring to the color code that each Triforce piece has, or possibly also a reference to the 3 goddesses!

Photo by MonkeyDMeeple

Photo by Stuffwhy

Azura is a very dear friend to me not to mention one hell of an artist. Her Patreon is full of exciting content from WIP shots to all the lewds your heart desires! Please check out more of her work below, you won't be disappointed! <3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?