Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Ruffin Cosplay's Wolf O'Donnell

Photo by JwaiDesign

You better believe I freaked the hell out when I saw an image of Ruffin Cosplay pop up alongside Kate Sarkissian as Fox and Wolf from Katsucon earlier this year. Being a huge fan of the character and not to mention maining him in Smash, I loved seeing a cosplayer do his latest iteration. Noticeable from the get-go, Ruffin here is portraying Wolf's re-design from the latest iteration of Super Smash Bros on the Switch. Mainly through the purple and pink jacket she's sporting on the front. Various pink lines can be seen traveling down the jacket in addition to the collar trim at the top. Ruffin also has a purple ascot tucked in at the same area. The texture of this jacket has a huge leather look to it and it's something I truly love.

Photo by David Ngo
For the face, Ruffin recreated the scar over one of Wolf's eyes which is also covered by a patch. I'm curious as to how this stayed on for the whole con unless Ruffin placed it only when photos were being taken. Tall wolf ears are attached to a long grey wig. A black belt wraps around the bottom of the jacket with loops holding it in place and also adorned with studs. Ruffin has a long black shirt underneath the jacket which also covers her sleeves. Both gloves match the jacket in color and have armor pieces up near her hands. I imagine this is to mimic the actual claws that Wolf has for fighting. These look to have been made with foam and or worbla.

One shoulder is decorated with a plate of armor which has gold spikes extending outward. Most likely attached with velcro patches/straps. A second belt is around Ruffin's waist which has a gold belt buckle right at the center. Her pants are straight up black with some chains hanging off. On the back is of course a fluffy tail which is something I had for my own Wolf. There aren't any back shots to show the full tail in addition to a rad emblem on the back of Ruffin's jacket.

Photo by Striking Portraits

All the shots show Ruffin with a raised arm like she's flexing her claws. I can confirm this is a signature stance that Wolf has just in general! I legit just fangirled so hard when I first saw this cosplay and I know you guys will love it too! Check out the other photos below :D.

Photo by Aaron Linniman Photography

Photo by Martin Wong

Definitely check out Ruffin Cosplay's work at the link below! She's such a cutie plus her other cosplays are freaking incredible!
https://www.instagram.com/ruffincosplay/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?