Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Chamomiletay's Camie!


I last shared Chamomiltay's stunning Shadow Sae from Persona 5 and really wanted to poke around her work to see if anything else caught my eye. Low and behold, Camie from My Hero Academia appeared front and center! Camie is wearing her uniform from one of the rival schools and while fans of the anime are used to seeing a more seductive side (courtesy of Toga), this is a fully zipped up version. I can only hope Taylor wasn't dying from the heat given that the entire suit looks to be of a vinyl/spandex material! Aside from that, some of the shots give a great look at her long white boots with a black rim down at the bottom. The boots match Camie's cuffs up by her sleeves which look a little bit too oversized but that's how the character was designed!

Some shots do have a small unzip tease and up by her neck is a collar which again plays into the white and black color scheme. Again, it definitely looks oversized in comparison to what it should be normally. The hat has got to be one of my favorite parts to the cosplay. Different materials must have been used for it which can be spotted via the differing textures. Vinyl for the rim, a felt like smooth part for the overall hat and a red strap right at the beginning. The gold emblem represents the school Camie hails from and looks to have been done with foam. The etching is on point and I love how it looks!

The photos are something else too! Amiee and Taylor truly created some magic together. The concrete area of the roads and overpass weirdly fit for Camie, not to mention the post edits do a wonderful job bringing things into focus! One shot even has this yellow scrape filter to it, brushing all over Taylor completely. Seriously check out the photos down below!




All Photos by Photography By Amiee!

Taylor is such a wonderful gal and I'm sad I missed meeting her at PAX East! It's cool knowing she's local to the East Coast so there's hope we'll cross paths. Check out her Instagram for more links and pics of stuff she's working on/has made!
https://www.instagram.com/chamomiletay/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?