Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Akakioga's Deku!

Photo by Tobious Photography

The ever so wonderful Akakioga is today's focus as she portrays everyone's favorite cinnamon roll, Deku from My Hero Academia. Mainly in his field attire when he's participating in activities at school. There's a whole lot of green in the cosplay with mainly a bodysuit making up majority of the cosplay. On top of that, you've got small shoulder pieces, gloves and Deku's face mask mostly worn along his neck. Akakioga looks absolutely amazing in the full cosplay and oh man wait till you guys see the other photos I found of this! She also has black bracer sleeves along each forearm, plus the gloves look a little loosely fit in some of the shots. I feel this references how crazy they can get when Deku unleashes his One For All quirk.

A red belt is wrapped around her waist with pouches seen on each side. This part is attached by a simple black buckle in the middle. Black bracers make a reappearance along her legs which then lead into red high top sneakers. I really love the green wig Akakioga is rocking in the photos. It's got a cute cut in the front with spikes coming out the back. Not to mention it's the PERFECT shade matching up with Deku in the show. The green bodysuit has various black lines traveling throughout the suit as well!

I'm incredibly glad Akakioga got an opportunity to shine like a queen in the photos. Some are gorgeous hall shots, whereas others do one hell of a job with the outdoors as a back drop. There's one action shot I just love as she's getting ready to unleash a devastating punch. Others show her relaxing or in a battle ready pose. Check them all out and let me know what you think!



Photo by R Theta Labs

Photo by Tobious Photography

Photo by Vagabond Photography

Photo by Vontography

I've got nothing but respect for Akakioga as she's one cosplayer who is consistently pushing for more representation and respect towards black cosplayers. Whether it's hoping for more photographers to expand their list of cosplayers they shoot, or just having people in general recognize that cosplayers of color exist and they sure as hell aren't going away. It's something this community definitely needs more of individuals like Akakioga leading the charge alongside several others. Wanna follow her stuff? Check out her Twitter <3
https://twitter.com/Akakioga
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?