Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kheici!


Not only does February mark Black History Month, but cosplayers of color have also taken a stand in creating a movement to highlight themselves in celebration of both color and nerdiness. Dubbed #28DaysOfBlackCosplay, there's certainly no shortage of amazingly talented people who appear in this hashtag. I've worked hard in featuring several ladies of color throughout the years of running but I wanted to take this month and share Black cosplayers exclusively for you guys. It's certainly helped me find new individuals to share like Kheici for today! She's relatively new to the cosplay scene and I don't really have photoshoot quality pics so why not just a plethora of cute selfies?

The photos I have today mainly stem from comic books and gaming. Kheici has the most cutest face and it just makes me light up with lots of joy in seeing these shots. She's also a big Aquaman fangirl so MAJOR points in my book :D. You can see that with her Mera and Aquaman (the movie version) cosplays that I found pics for you guys today. There's also Starfire which is such a good look for Kheici. The purple in that cosplay is super bright and works well for her overall. I also managed to find one shot of her Aerith cosplay which is again, bright in color with the red and pink dress/jacket on her.



These are just a collection of selfies Kheici took in testing out the cosplays she has for conventions so I certainly hope you enjoy them! Her Aquaman is awesome with how she interpreted Jason Momoa's tattoos as arm bracers. You also have several brown straps attached to a shoulder plate which again has that same pattern as the bracers. The trident looks impressive and plus the hair is just super wavy. One shot of this cosplay features a black bra but then is later transformed into a breastplate with layered up chainmail like pieces. Most likely they were placed on top of the bra which served as the base. 




I can already see that Kheici is gonna be a dynamite when it comes to posing and she's certainly one individual that I would love to share again in the near future! In the meantime, be sure to follow her work through her Instagram below. Other links can be found there!
https://www.instagram.com/kheici/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?