Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ayumi Nini's Bowsette!

Photo by Some Kid

From my standpoint, I certainly don't see Bowsette as a "dead meme" and there are plenty of cosplayers still creating the character's busty appearance. However, some people like Ayumi Nini take the character and put a spin on the original design even if at the start it was a humorous joke. Case and point, Ayumi's version of Bowsette dips into the punk aspect of how Bowser would look if he was a female. So what does that entail? For starters, fishnets with thigh high socks and black platform boots for the entire leg coverage. The wig Ayumi is rocking has lots of curls in some shots and then there's some which have a more straight style to it. There's also horn differences between some of the pics. Most likely Ayumi decided to give her Bowsette some style upgrades. I want to say that the black horns are the more recent look but if I'm wrong on that, then apologies for that!

Photo by BlizzardTerrak
What's common between the two takes has to be both the bodysuit and leather crop jacket. The former is a red latex leotard like suit with an opening in the chest for a black bra to be visible. Actually, even the jackets are different but maintain the same Bowser design with the name inscribed in a very angular manner. The length of the jacket can definitely be seen between the images I found for you guys. Ayumi even made an impressive Chain Chomp mace with the titular baddie acting as the head of the weapon.

The staff portion of the mace is done in green with some chains wrapped throughout. The bottom of the weapon is covered in a flame like design! A choker can be seen around Ayumi's neck and some shots feature green face-paint as well. I imagine the longer leather jacket gives off more warmth for her than the short length one. Ayumi has some killer/seductive poses going on in the end result photos! Overall this is one cosplay that she absolutely loves to wear and the comfiness of Bowsette is just an added bonus! Check out the other photos, can you see the differences? :D

Photo by Houkakyou

Photo by Some Kid

Photo by Some Kid

If this is enough for you guys to follow Ayumi Nini's cosplay work then I highly recommend you do so! Check out her Patreon for more links and awesome stuff!
https://www.patreon.com/AyumiNini
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?