Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Jihatsu's Charlotte Katakuri!


I'm concluding my #28DaysofBlackCosplay with the badass that is Jihatsu for you guys! Cosplaying from one of his favorite series, One Piece! Please note that I have no knowledge whatsoever of the franchise so hopefully I don't butcher the character being portrayed here in terms of backstory. That being said, Jihatsu here is strapped up as Charlotte Katakuri who I can only assume is/was a foe for the Straw Hats at SOME POINT in the massive 900+ chapters this series has spawned. The cosplay does a fabulous job showing off his muscles with the opened up AND sleeveless jacket. Varying bracelets are around Jihatsu's wrists with one arm having a spiked bracelet slightly higher in position. After that, the skin tight black pants have even more spikes with some small armor work.

Seriously as you travel down the pants, you've got kneecap armor that's colored up red and white. Centered up is a long spike with a different design for each leg. Various studded straps and even more spike bracelets are seen towards the boots. A belt buckle can be seen along his waist with the center being a classic pirate skull shape and fur around it.

 Spurs can be seen poking out the back of said boots. Black gloves cover up Jihatsu's hands as well. As far as the head area, a massive fur scarf/top rests just below his eyes. Nose and mouth are covered up in the shots I have for you guys. This head piece looks like it was layered up with various black straps surrounded by the white fur.


Jihatsu's wig is a short style with a little bit of spikiness to it. It's also colored maroon red which is the general color vibe seen from the way the shots are lit. I also should mention the massive trident which serves as Katakuri's weapon of choice. The one thing I can "safely" guess about the character is that Maroon must be his favorite/signature color. The photos do a fantastic job with showing off the length of his trident. I'm willing to bet it's the same height of my own trident for my Aquaman cosplay! Jihatsu also does a killer job with posing various battle stances of the character. He sure looks like he's having a blast doing so! Check out these other shots!



This is but one of many cosplays that Jihatsu has put his skills towards making. Be sure to check out his Instagram for more pictures! He's also huge into fitness as well!
https://www.instagram.com/jihatsu/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?